In this case, however, I am massaging several of the angles and measurements from Cataract, my more-or-less stock Briggs boat, Fletcher's in-praint version of a Briggs boat, and the three dories we built three years ago, in order to (hopefully) optimize the different features of all of them while minimizing the drawbacks.
That being so, I no longer have accurate side-panel dimensions to go from. So I am, in effect, building an all new boat—although to the layman's eye, it will be pretty much a Briggs boat. Plus, it is a chance to practice some of the skills I learned in boat school. And as we have so rudely found out in the past, building free-form without complete, accurate plans means you are making all the corrections in real-time with real-wood, and real-frustration. Better to do that on the drawing board and then faithfully translate that into a three-dimensional entity. Which means building this way. If this boat comes out as I am hallucinating, we'll have a new set of plans and can go back to free-form for future boats.
That probably made no sense at all. Oh well.
Anyhow, I got all the vertical supports on the strongback.
And this evening worked out the details of how to make precise frame molds off the lofting drawings.