Sunday, March 6, 2011

Oh my

Easily the most rewarding day yet. With the edge paint finally dry, I affixed the oar blocks to the gunwale caps and installed them. Then the splashboards. Then the hatch coamings. But first I got to slash!



Then I made the stern rail trim, installed that. And finally, the two side rails, which pull the lines for the whole boat together once and for all.



By 5 p.m. it was ready to paint, so I did. Wheee!



There's still plenty to do over the next week, but other than the hatch covers, this is pretty much what she is going to look like. A bowpost cap, oak skid-battens on the bottom, and the copper chine. A couple pieces of hardware. The lights in the shop are odd--the main decks are exactly the color of grey poupon mustard.




I am very, very, very, very pleased.

3 comments:

  1. Brad,

    I am very, very jealous. You have made fast work of this baby and she is magnificent. Very nice work.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad,

    Lookin' SWEET! My goodness, you do lovely work!

    Ena

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a little help from my friends...

    ReplyDelete